What should plant lovers know about
The most important rule is that indoor plants need consistency. Check your plants once a week, at the same time on the same day.
1. Light and Air: Make sure all your plants have good light and good air circulation.
2. Clean Leaves: Wipe the leaves clean of any dirt or dust. This will help prevent insect infestation.
3. Water: Some plants may need water every week. Others may only need water every 2-3 weeks. To check the dryness, push your finger into the soil, at least 2 inches down. Look at the soil and feel it. After a while, you will develop a sense of how much water each type of plant requires to thrive. Use your judgment as to whether or not the plant needs water, or if it can go another week. As a general rule, it is better to under water than over water.
4. Fertilizer: Get a fertilizer made for indoor plants and follow the instructions.
5. Repotting: When the plant looks as if it is getting too big for the pot it is in, put it in a larger container.
[ Jump to the Harley Hahn Quick Index ]
[ Home ] [ FAQ ] [ Send a Message to Harley ]
[ Books ] [ Usenet ] [ Internet Exploration Station ]
© All contents Copyright 2023, Harley Hahn
Full trademark and copyright information