What should restaurant customers know about
If you want to be snooty at a restaurant, the best way to do it is to make a big deal out of choosing the wine. If so, here are 7 hints to help you to make a good choice.
1. Stay within your budget.
2. Avoid the house wine.
3. Choose your food first. Then choose the wine to match whatever will be the strongest flavor on your plate.
4. When you are at a restaurant with foreign food (Italian, French, etc.), choose a wine from that country.
5. If there is a wine steward, don't be afraid to ask for help.
When you taste the wine, remember:
6. The fragrance (bouquet) is the most important factor.
7. The longer the aftertaste, the better the wine.
[ Jump to the Harley Hahn Quick Index ]
[ Home ] [ FAQ ] [ Send a Message to Harley ]
[ Books ] [ Usenet ] [ Internet Exploration Station ]
© All contents Copyright 2023, Harley Hahn
Full trademark and copyright information